I N S T A G R A M

Thursday 22 May 2014

Let it be, let it be.

Wow I'm surprised people still read my posts. Thank you to those who still do.

This new semester has been particularly different, with new vibes and big changes which took me some time to get accustomed to. Can't say I'm particularly hating it, neither can I say the opposite. That aside, I have been trying to uplift my emotions lately and noticed more than usual about the people around me.

Whenever we see the seemingly richer or more fortunate friends get what they want or wish for, our insides die a little. We try to feel happy for him/her, but cannot help but to feel jealous too. What is important to remind myself is that everyone, including such people, are fighting their own battles everyday. It may sound very cliche, but the truth is always difficult to grasp. This has always been on my mind and I find myself appreciating people a little more, bit by bit

The funny thing is how people turn up for lessons, meetings and/or in front of their friends with bright and cheery smiles but know how much they are hurting inside and refuse to do anything about it. Social networking sites seem like the best place to rant and vent, but they do not solve problems. When I say "I don't care" about your need for rest, need for more time or travelling problems, I mean it when you rant about it endlessly for days or worse, weeks! If you can do something about it, do it; if you can't do anything about it, let it be. 

One thing many really need to learn the meaning of is the phrase I just used, "let it be". It took me several years of downfalls and lessons to fully understand the meaning of it. Just three simple words, and they made a great new difference in my life. 

Let it be, let it be, let it be.

--

Also, I think I should upload photos from my photo essay assignments here soon.
Here's a preview!



xx

No comments:

Post a Comment