I N S T A G R A M

Tuesday 27 May 2014

Photo Outings: Geylang Serai

So as promised, here are the rest of the photos from my trip to Geyang Serai mainly for my photojournalism assignment! The 50 years old Haig Road Market is set to undergo intensive upgrading works to enhance accessibility for the residents. With such a large number of Muslims in the area, being a Chinese with a camera attracted many stares (both hostile and friendly)... but it was all worth it.  







Life is simple and quiet on weekdays, but quite the opposite in the weekends. Foreign domestic workers meet up here - some even prepare a feast fit for king(s) - to celebrate their off days with friends. Bangladeshi workers often hang out with them as well, and I felt totally foreign in this area on a weekend. 














You know Hari Raya Ramadhan is approaching when you see metal structures set-up for.... THE GIANT HARI RAYA BAZAAR AND I CAN'T WAIT HURHURHUR. Think Ramly burgers and cheap pasar malam food and henna... Yes Singapore is great because of the different cultures and food everywhere!




-----

On a side note, I'm really glad I got into photojournalism because I can do what I love and get graded for it.
This may just be my favourite semester yetttt. 

More photos on my vsco grid! www.heyitsandra.vsco.co

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment